Thursday, March 17, 2016

Top 10 Songs - JM Marathon 2016



As I prepare for tomorrow's run, I'm obviously working on a playlist/looking for any excuse to procrastinate more important things. The music I listen to when working out is a big factor of motivation for me.

When I hear a song I connect to or love, it keeps me going.

This will be my third year running in the Marathon. I'm really not a verbally expressive person with regard to my appreciation of living in Jerusalem, and for those who know me - you know I love New York so much. That being said, there is something so special in running in this run that creates a sense of belonging, bringing me closer to this wonderful city that I live in.

In honor of the 10 k I'll be walking/running tomorrow, here's my top ten songs (at the moment).


1. Old Guitar by BUNT.



2.  Honey I'm Good - Andy Grammer: The Dj Mike D Remix

I'm usually not a fan of remixes that aren't necessary...but for longer runs like tomorrow, I may need the extra (and annoying) pump-up.



3. Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) by The Noisettes

This song is super fun, with lots of soul at the same time.



4. Pumpin Blood by NONONO

This is one of those song's that I can listen to in all moods - chill, happy, pump-up - whatever it is, I'm always happy to sing along (off-key).



5. Hey Now by Matt and Kim

Is this not the most fun song or whattttttt?



6. Bad Blood by Taylor Swift (featuring Kendrick Lamar and every member of her squad in the video)

I have the non-Kendrick version of this on my playlist too...



7. Best Fake Smile by James Bay

This year was a huge year of James Bay for me and Spotify -here's one of my favs :)



8. I'm an Albatraoz by Aronchupa

You might not be able to decide if this is annoying as anything...or fun. I'll decide for us all, it's fun.



9.  Mine by Pheobe Ryan



This is another one of those songs that can I can either listen to when needing chill music...or listen to it for running. And I love it.

10. Gone by JR JR

I think this is the song that's going to push me up Jabotinsky this year...or play while I collapse on that hill.



And here's the complete playlist I'll be walking/running to tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment