I don't discriminate against any food. I love healthy food. Unhealthy food. Everything. Except mushrooms.
As a kid, I always gravitated towards fried foods: tempura, French fries, French fry cheese melts, onion rings...the list goes on and on. I won't deny liking those foods. They taste so good. I also won't lie and tell you these are the same thing, but they do definitely satisfy my craving, are a healthy alternative and taste SO good!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes (depending on how thin you slice the carrots)
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
10 medium carrots
2 teaspoons oil (coconut or olive oil work great)
Salt to taste
1/4 Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celcius (~410 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Peel and slice the carrots into french fry like strips
- Toss carrots with olive oil, salt and any other desired spices
- Arrange carrots in a single layer in tin
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and then flip each carrot fry. Continue to bake until fully cook and slightly crispy
- If using parmesan cheese add and cook for an additional 5 or so minutes