Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Homemade Salsa


As a daughter of a Panamanian, I have a fairly spicy palette. I have 3 different hot sauces in the house at any given time (my top faves are Chalula, Tabasco, Franks and Sriracha).

I've never made my own salsa before but as I don't love any of the salsas around here (and couldn't get to my parents to get some Kirkland Organic Salsa...) I went for it!

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes 
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: fills one old and large coconut oil jar

Ingredients

3 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
2 cans cut and peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup red onion diced
1/2 cup white onion diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup canned (or fresh) green chillies
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 dash of salt

Instructions
  • Combine tomatoes, red onion, yellow onion, green chilies, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in blender. Pulse blender until mixture is combined, yet remains chunky. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
  • Enjoy!

Egg white omelet with spinach, kale and feta topped off with salsa and avocado. Yum yum

No comments:

Post a Comment