Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My first blog post. Ever!

For most people, myself included, eating healthy is a chore. It's not engrained into our routine, our everyday lives. Why would I want to order a plate of greens with "hold the cheese and dressing on the side please" if I could have that amazing cheesy cheesy plate of pasta.

Not to be dramatic or anything but a few years ago, I changed my lifestyle in a pretty drastic way. For the first time in my life (without being forced to by my parents or gym teacher), I began to exercise. Oh, and I cut out most carbs. Please don't stop reading! I promise that low carb-ers still eat good food.

A few days ago, someone asked me what I like to cook/eat. I right away started listing vegetables. She replied, "no...what do you LIKE to eat?".  And that, my new friends, is what this blog is all about: giving healthy food a good name. Not only that, but giving healthy lifestyle a good name too.

Some disclaimers/facts/things I feel you, my stalker reader should know:

  •  I am not a doctor. Which brings me to point #2...
  • I am not a nutritionist. Maybe one day. But for now I just enjoy (or attempt) leading a healthy lifestyle. I know most of the world (like myself) finds it challenging, and I certainly don't have it down pat 100%. People frequently ask me for meal ideas and I decided it was time to get moving on this blog and give my ideas in this forum.
  • I have no game plan with this blog. Yet. I'm totally open to ideas, recipe requests, joke requests, rant requests- you name it, I'm open to it.
  • I love peanut butter. And blueberries. Both will be chronically discussed. So if we got any allergies here, bring your Epipen.
Make sure to follow my new blog with Bloglovin :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you eat the blueberries WITH the peanut butter? Because that would be...interesting.

    ReplyDelete