Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Instant Chia-Berry Oatmeal



Sometimes I have great ideas. Like the time I changed majors 2 years into my degree. Twice. Or the time last week where I went wild and bought frozen raspberries AND had the groceries delivered.

More than anything in the world I love love love berries. Sadly, this part of the world's climate isn't so great for their growth. I know. The worst. Luckily, I've learned to eat 10 pounds worth of berries every time I go to the States (and sometimes sneak them back in- wait, just kidding Customs Control...didn't see ya there)...and I've also learned to settle for frozen berries. After much trial and error, I gotta say that raspberries freeze best in that they maintain their original state best.

Anyway, I've tried getting into the overnight oats (this recipe by Trendland is great) but sometimes it's just annoying to decide and commit to what I'm going to eat the next morning. Sometimes, I want the freedom to open the fridge and be free to eat what I want right then, not what I wanted 10 hours earlier. I'm a talker because I ALWAYS make my meals the night before (later on that in another post) but because I'm in exams and don't have class, I've had some leisurely mornings...

This quick breakfast is filling, filled with healthy fats and protein (ch-ch-chia) and berries. The chia seeds expand in the liquid, making your oatmeal a bit fluffier. Who doesn't love fluff?

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Oatmeal Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

1 packet plain instant oatmeal (=1/3 cup rolled oats)
1/2 cup raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp agave nectar


Instructions

  • Pour oats into serving bowl and mix in chia seeds
  • Pour 1/2 cup boiling water into bowl, stir and let sit for 1 minute
  • Top with berries
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment